For issues or questions with the online registration form, please call CANDLES at +1.812.234.7881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please EITHER complete and submit the online registration form below OR use the button above to download, print out, complete the registration packet, and mail or give it to CANDLES staff in person at CANDLES Holocaust Museum and Education Center during business hours.
Online Trip Registration Form
About the Trip
Dates of Travel: June 17 - 25, 2023
· Economy class flight from Chicago to Krakow (“complete” trip package only)
· Tour bus transportation from Terre Haute, IN to Chicago, IL
· Tour bus transportation in Krakow
· 7 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 5 evening meals
· 4-star hotel accommodations
· Daily professional guide services
· A Journey through Auschwitz, Audio Tour
· Two days of touring Auschwitz, including fees, professional guides, headsets
· Trip t-shirt
· Krakow city and Jewish Quarter tours with headsets
· St. Mary’s Basilica tour
· Tour of medieval salt mines of Wieliczka
· The latest paperback copy of Eva’s book, Surviving the Angel of Death or another book TBD
· Tips on included services
· One copy of Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial: A Guidebook
Preliminary Itinerary (Subject to change):
Saturday, June 17: 2:30 PM (EST) Depart Terre Haute to Chicago
Sunday, June 18: Arrive in Krakow (6 PM -CDT), get situated, and evening meal at the hotel.
Monday, June 19: Krakow City Tour (AM) and Salt Mines Tour (Afternoon).
Tuesday, June 20: Tour Auschwitz I with guides, dinner at Krakow restaurant.
Wednesday, June 21: Tour Auschwitz-Birkenau with guides, dinner at hotel.
Thursday, June 22: Plaszow Tour, Former Krakow Ghetto/Jewish Quarter Tour, Schindler Factory Tour, and Galicia Jewish Museum Tour.
Friday, June 23: Travel to Katowice to visit the children's home (Eva spent time here after Liberation), then to Czestochowa for lunch and to tour the city, Jasna Gora Monastery, and the Shrine of the Black Madonna.
Saturday, June 24: Free day (Suggestions available - explore Krakow, river cruise, etc.), evening meal with trip participants
Sunday, June 25: Return to USA - 3 AM wakeup call; flight to Munich then to Chicago. 7 PM (EST) arrive in Terre Haute.
A Journey through Auschwitz, The Audio Tour:
The audio tour, A Journey through Auschwitz, is a three-part tour of the concentration camps, Auschwitz I and Auschwitz-Birkenau. The audio tour totals over three hours of information. The journey follows Eva Mozes Kor’s life within the concentration camps using her own voice to tell the listener about her arrival and entry into the camp, her first-hand experience, and liberation in vivid detail. She then shares her story of forgiveness.
Audio Tour Considerations:
· Participants will need a smartphone to access the audio tour.
· No need for an international plan; the tour will run using location services.
· Consider bringing a portable charger for your phone.
· Tours will take place regardless of the weather; please consider bringing a zip lock or dry bag for your phone.
How do I become a part of this amazing experience?
Complete the registration packet and submit to CANDLES.
Submit the $600 non-refundable deposit with your registration (Your registration will not be processed, and your spot will not be reserved until your deposit has been received).
"Complete" trip package guests only: Submit a copy of your passport to CANDLES by March 1, 2023 (If you do not have a passport, apply for it immediately).
Pay your balance in full by March 1, 2023.
Get ready for an amazing experience.
IN ORDER FOR YOUR REGISTRATION TO BE COMPLETE, PLEASE:
- Send or Upload copy of your PASSPORT to CANDLES Holocaust Museum (upload options at end of form)
- Send your $600 DEPOSIT to CANDLES Holocaust Museum (payment options at end of form)
2023 Annual Auschwitz Trip Registration
This is a secure site.
Each individual should complete and return a separate registration form, a copy of your passport (if you are booking the "complete" trip package), and the non-refundable $600 deposit. The deposit should be received by CANDLES within 10 days of online registration. Full payment balance and copies of your passport ("complete" trip package only) are due no later than March 1, 2023.