About the CANDLES Youth Board
The CANDLES Youth Board is comprised of forward-thinking Vigo County (and expanding) middle and high school students who wish to work within their communities to build awareness of human rights issues. The youth board meets twice monthly to discuss and plan impactful programs for their peers. We invite all students grades 8-12, to consider joining our hard-working group and encourage community members to support the youth board’s efforts.
For more information, please call 812.234.7881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The goals of the CANDLES Youth Board:
- To spread awareness and knowledge to all issues but especially lesser-known issues provide information readily available to students and adults
- Inspire people to action
- Give youth a platform to share important events
- Give youth an opportunity to practice organization and presentation skills
- Give youth an opportunity to practice leadership skills
- Share activism ideas with others
- More members means more perspectives and a fuller youth board
- The Youth Board will work towards creating programs for all social justice issues. Keeping this as an open concept allows for flexibility, attention to current and timely topics, and allows individuals to bring specific possibly lesser-known topics to the table for discussion